Lone Cypress Quilt Kit
This quilt features a silhouette of a cypress tree in front of a brilliant orange/red/yellow sunset sky.
You too can make this awesome wall hanging which uses luscious batiks and prints and a little bit of paint (optional). The quilt measures approximately 30" H x 36"W. You have the option to add borders to enlarge the quilt (just remember to increase the amount of batting and backing).
If you don't want to get into painting, you can substitute black fabric (included in the kit) for the tree trunk and large branches and black lace for the leaves.
What the kit includes:
- The pattern, Lone Cypress by Jackie Vujcich, has step-by-step instructions using a raw-edged-fusible technique, easy painting and a full-sized pattern
- Enough fabric to make the quilt top The pattern calls for a variety of 1/8 yards cuts of fabric or large pieces.
- Freezer paper -2 yards
- Paint Brush
- Plastic Gloves
What the kit does NOT include:
- Backing, Binding, Batting
- Paint -I suggest black Jacquard Fabric paint (can purchase through Dharma Trading Co.) OR small bottle of black acrylic paint from your local craft store. I didn’t want it spilling in transit and ruining your precious fabric!
- Sea sponge and other painting supplies that you have around the house
- Fusible web- I’ve found over the years that people are pretty particular about the type of fusible web they like to work with. So, I have not provided this in the kit; BUT I do have my two favorites on my website if you need some. I suggest Light Steam-a-Seam2 for this project.
- Any of the optional notions included on the pattern-well, because they’re optional and not everyone wants to use them.