Lectures and WorkshopsJackie has several opportunities for your guild, shop or retreat. She offers unique and informative lectures, workshops and trunk shows to fit your needs.
"Jackie, I really enjoyed your lecture today -- it was like a friendly fireside chat which was very easy to listen to. Your original quilt designs and "can do" attitude are inspiring!" -Marsha, quilt guild president
Consider these hourly lecture topics:
- Journey into Pictorial Quilts – Jackie speaks about how no two people can have the same (quilting) journey. She shows how outside influences (outside the quilt world that is) impact your quilt journey whether you realize it or not. She gives the audience something to ponder about how their quilting hobby isn’t confined to just fabric, patterns and sewing machines. She also brings along a wonderful trunk show. (Suggested full-day workshop: Soaring over the Rockies – learning the art of landscape quilts using strata foundation. OR Improv Landscape - fly by the seat of your pants and see how easy it is to cut loose (sorry for the pun) while creating a one-of-a-kind landscape.)
- SOS (Studio Organizing Solutions) – Jackie gives super easy tips and tricks on how to get your quilting space in shape (a.k.a. organized) and keep it that way through a PowerPoint presentation. She’ll bring some show and tell too! (Suggested full-day workshop: Happy Camper – a sewing machine cover to spruce up your cleaning sewing area!)
- On the Border – Tired of just slapping on four pieces of fabric (a.k.a. borders) just so you can call it a completed quilt top? Let Jackie inspire you with some border designs through a PowerPoint presentation and a small trunk show. (Suggested full-day workshop: On the Border - taking a panel and adding various borders and the math that goes along with it.)
Additionally, she’s happy to teach any of her patterns in either half-day or full-day workshops. Depending on the technique your shop or guild would like to concentrate on, she can suggest the best workshop to fit your needs.
If you are not in the Colorado area, consider coordinating Jackie’s presentation with another shop or guild near you (to split the travel expenses). Also, if Jackie happens to be in your area as a vendor for a show, travel expenses can be negotiated.
Contact Jackie for a contract outlining the above in greater detail.“I love your landscapes. I learned a lot today in class. I love your colorful sunsets...the silhouettes are so captivating.” Sue, Denver, CO
Jackie has been teaching classes since 2009. She offers beginning quilting, fusible applique, art (landscape) techniques, paper piecing, just to name a few.
"How generous of you to offer a second class each day! That your class is so popular comes as no surprise to me!" -Shari K., Denver metro area, CO
You can see her upcoming classes by signing up for her newsletter on any of CCQ's website pages.
Ask your local shop to invite her for a class in your area. They can contact her here.
Saturday Samplers [or Block-of-the-Month (BOM)]
Jackie has designed numerous Saturday Samplers (contact us for pictures of our numerous quilts). They’ve been shown to:
- Grow sales
- Help you sell fabric and kits
- Get a captive audience into your store on a monthly basis with Jackie’s valuable tips and suggestions
If you prefer, she can arrange these same patterns in a BOM format for your shop. The fabric kits on our site are for retail only.
“Oh, yes! Did I say I love the quilt design??? What other colorway might you offer??? Your First Saturday Sampler was a big success! ...You've done an amazing job keeping this season's quilt organized, btw.” Karen, Broomfield, CO [Designed BOM for quilt store.]
Jackie is happy to discuss and produce works of art on commission. Whether it be works to hang on a wall, or laser cuts to put on a baby quilt she can work with you. Contact her to get the process started. These pieces of art are so personal that it’s hard to give a timeframe or dollar value until we discuss your visions and thoughts.So, let’s start with a conversation and go from there! Please head over to the contact page and drop us a line.