Dancing Dolphins Quilt Kit
Image sitting on the beach under the setting sun and seeing two dolphins as they dance in and out of the water. A full-sized raw-edge-fusible pattern (30” x 40” without borders ) with step-by-step instructions are included. Tips on painting will bring out the realism in the project. Please see tutorial for artist binding if you're not sure how to do this technique!
What the kit includes:
- All the fabric to complete the quilt top
- Batiste for foundation
- Freezer paper
What you need to supply:
- *Batting 35” x 45”
- *Backing and artist binding 1 ½ yards
- Paint -I suggest black Jacquard Fabric paint (can purchase through Dharma Trading Co.) OR black acrylic paint from your local craft store. I didn’t want it spilling in transit and ruining your precious fabric! Also, the brushes and other painting supplies are not included.
- Fusible web- I’ve found over the years that people are pretty particular about the type of fusible web they like to work with. So, I have not provided this in the kit; BUT I do have my two favorites on my website if you need some. I recommend Light Steam a Seam 2 for this project (you'll need 6 to 7 yards).
- Any of the optional notions-well, because they’re optional and not everyone wants to use them.
*Note: If you want to add borders just remember to increase batting and backing.