Across the Serengeti Quilt Kit
You too can make this awesome wall hanging which uses luscious batiks and a little bit of paint (optional). The quilt measures approximately 30" x 40". You have the option to add borders to enlarge the quilt (just remember to increase the amount of batting and backing). The pattern uses a raw-edged-fusible technique and easy painting. But if you don't want to get into painting, you can substitute black fabric for the giraffes and tree trunk and black lace for the leaves. Step-by-step instructions and a full-sized pattern are provided.
What the kit includes:
- The pattern Across the Serengeti Finished Quilt Size: 30" x 40"
- Enough fabric to make the quilt top The pattern calls for a variety of 1/8 yards cuts.
- Freezer paper -2 1/2 yard
- Batiste for foundation
- 1" sponge brush and plastic glove
What the kit does NOT include:
- Paint -I suggest a small bottle of black Jacquard Fabric paint (can purchase through Dharma Trading Co.) OR black acrylic paint from your local craft store. I didn’t want it spilling in transit and ruining your precious fabric!
- Sea sponge
- Fusible web- I’ve found over the years that people are pretty particular about the type of fusible web they like to work with. So, I have not provided this in the kit; BUT I do have my two favorites on my website if you need some. I suggest Light Steam-a-Seam2 for this project.
- Any of the optional notions-well, because they’re optional and not everyone wants to use them.