Across the Serengeti Quilt Kit
You too can make this awesome wall hanging which uses luscious batiks and a little bit of paint (optional). The quilt measures approximately 30" x 40". You have the option to add borders to enlarge the quilt (just remember to increase the amount of batting and backing). The pattern uses a raw-edged-fusible technique and easy painting. But if you don't want to get into painting, you can substitute black fabric for the giraffes and tree trunk and black lace for the leaves. Step-by-step instructions and a full-sized pattern are provided.
What the kit includes:
- The pattern Across the Serengeti Finished Quilt Size: 30" x 40"
- Enough fabric to make the quilt top The pattern calls for a variety of 1/8 yards cuts.
- Freezer paper -2 1/2 yard
- Light Steam a Seam2 fusible web- 4 yards to get you started
- Batiste for foundation
- 1" sponge brush, sea sponge and plastic gloves
What the kit does NOT include:
- Any of the optional notions on the pattern-well, because they’re optional and not everyone wants to use them.