Evening Stroll Quilt Kit
You too can make this awesome wall hanging which uses luscious batiks and a little bit of paint (optional). The quilt measures approximately 36" x 40". You have the option to add borders to enlarge the quilt (just remember to increase the amount of batting and backing). The pattern uses a raw-edged-fusible technique and easy painting. But if you don't want to get into painting, I've included black batik for the bears and tree trunk and suggest using black lace for the pine needles. Step-by-step instructions and a full-sized pattern are provided.
What the kit includes:
- The pattern “Evening Stroll”
- Enough fabric to make the quilt top. The pattern calls for a variety of 1/8 yards cuts of fabric or large pieces. I know not all pieces are 1/8-yard cuts, but don’t worry as I have adjusted the price of the kit for this.
Please note that is occasionally fabric goes out of print and a close substitute is required. At this time, a few substitutions have been made but the overall integrity of the kit’s fabric remains the same as the sample.
Freezer paper -2 1/2 yards
What the kit does NOT include:
- Paint -I suggest black Jacquard Fabric paint (can purchase through Dharma Trading Co.) OR black acrylic paint from your local craft store. I didn’t want it spilling in transit and ruining your precious fabric! Also, the brushes and other painting supplies are not included.
- Fusible web- I’ve found over the years that people are pretty particular about the type of fusible web they like to work with. So, I have not provided this in the kit; BUT I do have my two favorites on my website if you need some.
I recommend Light Steam a Seam 2 for this project (you'll need 5 to 7 yards).
- Any of the optional notions-well, because they’re optional and not everyone wants to use them.